Pre-Cert Specialist - REPORTS TO: Billing Supervisor, Practice Manager and Physicians.
DEFINITION OF POSITION: Responsible for obtaining pre-certifications from various insurance companies for test, procedures and surgeries.
- High school graduate.
- Able to read, write, and communicate.
- Displays a primary interest in giving good patient care and maintaining standards of courtesy and friendliness to co-workers.
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Able to comply with patient confidentiality and integrity policy on all matters.
- Certification encouraged.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Monitor scheduled procedures and maintain organized list with status of pre-certifications
- Verify insurance eligibility benefits via phone and/or internet access.
- Update insurance policy information in EMR
- Check insurance payment policy for scheduled procedures and obtain prior authorization.